Friday, January 23, 2009

I Need a Clyde


So first of all, if you havent seen the movie "Every Which Way But Loose" you may not be able to fully relate. Basically, Clint Eastwood made a movie in the 70's where he drives around, gets in fist-fights, and hangs out with an Orangutan named Clyde. There is a truly touching moment in the movie where Clint and Clyde go on a serious bender, hitting the local strip joints, adult video stores, and drink a ton of bud diesel. All hopped up on high octane beer, Eastwood decides that they need to get Clyde laid, so they break into the Albequerque zoo and let Clyde get his swerve on with the chick Orangutan's (should there be a "g" on orangutan? what a shitty word).


Anyway, this leads me to my point. How sweet would it be to have a Clyde to go out drinking with? To be honest, he exhibits most of the same characteristics of my drinking buddies already - love of booze, pretty randy when it comes to the ladies, obscene amounts of body hair, and even a willingness to hug. Hell, after enough beers we probably speak the orangutan language anyway. I guess my point is, upon further reflection, I pretty much hang out with a pack of orangutans anyway. And here is the ironic thing that confirms it - upon a google search on "what is a group of orangutans called", the answer came back "holigans."


Self reflection required.

1 comment: